Nothing like having a home cooked soup ready for you when you get home from a busy day at work. The pumpkin soup I make is like all my soups, throw together what you’ve got in the fridge, cook, then blend!
This soup can be made in about 15 minutes. And it’s a healthier option than grabbing a take-away from the local fast food cafe.
- 1/2 pumpkin (I like butternut)
- 3 stalks celery and/or carrots
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- vegetable stock paste (1-2 tbsp) or stock cubes
- 500mls water
- coriander / parsley (1/2 C loose packed)
- 440mls coconut cream / or normal cream if not dairy free
- Saute onion and garlic, then add in remaining ingredients (excluding fresh herbs) and bring to the simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in fresh herbs, cook 1min further.
- Blend, top with fresh herbs, and serve!